lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: your new DOS version of Lynx 2.7

From: Doug Lee
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: your new DOS version of Lynx 2.7
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:02:44 -0600 (CST)

> I don't know anything about the SSL support.  All I know is that it is a
> hot potato for any U.S. person to offer outright.  I wouldn't mind seeing
> it added someday though.

Ah yes...I keep forgetting we are hampered by federal regs on that
one.  I have found a Linux binary for Lynx 2.7 with SSL support
(which is what prompted me to suggest this to you), but I can't
use it yet because it is packaged as a .rpm (Redhat Packet
Manager) file, which I can't unpack.

I just downloaded lynx386.zip and will try it as soon as I get
time.

-Doug

;
;