lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV one-screen lynx -help page proposal

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV one-screen lynx -help page proposal
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 05:31:26 -0500

>Also, during the last part of the 2-6FM era, Fote said he prefered leaving the
>copyright notice vague as shown above. He was primary author and as such I
>respected his preference, as did others. Since he is NOT the primary author
>of the current code Klaus and others are working on, I respectfully submit
>that
>
>Lynx Version 2.7-dev
>Copyright (c) 1979, Lynx Developers Group
>Copyrighted under the terms of the GNU General Public License
><URL:http://lynx.browser.org/>

Can a non-existent group hold a copyright?  And can something be said to
be copyrighted under the GNU _license_?  I thought that a) if something
was licensed, that was the term for it, b) copyrights were held only
be 'individuals', where true corporations as always are treated as an
individual, and c) the GNU folk were trying to 'encourage' folk to turn
rights to their software over to GNU to provide that corporate entity.

I don't know _where_ I read this latter - perhaps in gnu.misc some
months ago.  Sorry for being vague, but that's the best I can really do
this early in the am.  I might have even read it here on this group
during the round of emails with Stalling earlier this year.
;