lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Auto Configure

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: LYNX-DEV Auto Configure
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 01:49:29 -0700

I just tested the lynx2-7_auto code here on SLCC. I noticed something odd. I
usually get just an error about ranlib not being found. I still get this
error when making (yes, I did ./configure and then make solaris) and don't
beleive I should.

In addition, the build did not complete. I had some errors where it was
trying to rename some sun looking headers to .old after compiling the HT???
files. The errors looked like this one I managed to catch before it scrolled
away:

./makeuctb mnem_suni.tbl > uni_hash.tmp
this_isDefaultMap: -1._.
makeuctb: mnem: translation map (_).
mv mnem_suni.h mnem_suni.h_old
mv: cannot access mnem_suni.h
*** Error code 2 (ignored)

There were quite a few of these types of things.

Also, when it was compiling the LY??? files, I got a bunch of them that had
warnings like:

LYCharSets.c:2142: `MAX_CHARSETS' undeclared here (not in a function)
LYCharSets.c:2142: variable `LYlowest_eightbit' has initializer but incomplete
type
LYCharSets.c:2142: conflicting types for `LYlowest_eightbit'
LYCharSets.h:14: previous declaration of `LYlowest_eightbit'
LYCharSets.c:2143: invalid initializer for `LYlowest_eightbit'
LYCharSets.c:2144: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer after
`LYlowest_eightbit'LYCharSets.c:2155: warning: excess elements in scalar
initializer after `LYlowest_eightbit'

and finally, a fatal error:

LYCharSets.c:2159: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer after
`LYlowest_eightbit'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `LYCharSets.o'
Current working directory /
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `solaris'

I can't tell if the problem is local, auto-conf, or chartrans stuff. Klaus
and Thomas, please look it over and advise. I can do the build again in a
typescript to capture the full session if needed.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,