lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Some things I'd like in the next Lynx package.

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Some things I'd like in the next Lynx package.
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 00:13:03 -0800

Subir Grewal wrote:

> 1. Some means to have the person making Lynx agree/not agree to having
> their address subscribed to a Lynx-new-releases-list.

As a question to be answered every time one builds a new release?  Ugh.
Have it emit a tasteful reminder, perhaps, but don't ask any questions.

For that matter, have the makefile compare the system date to an
embedded date.  If it's more than some fixed age (say, more than 6
months out of date), have it print a warning:

  The version of Lynx you are building is XX months old.  Lynx is under
  active development.  There is probably a newer, more capable version.
  Please see http://lynx.browser.org/

>Bela<
;
;