lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Autoconf: where to find it?

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Autoconf: where to find it?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:53:56 -0500 (EST)

  From: Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>

  [Tom Dickey wrote]
  >...........................  If we get some feedback from Fote, perhaps I'll
  >merge in his changes as well (I'd rather have one development version).

        I don't know what feedback you are seeking.  As I've explained
  previously, I'm monitoring lynx-dev messages for reports of bugs in v2.7,
  If they really are bugs, and are fixed, I include replacement files in
  27bugfixes.zip with the fixes.  They are intended for sites using v2.7
  in production, and are not development code.  Is the:

        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/

  cover page not sufficiently clear about this?

1. You have been quite clear that the developmental version past
2.7 is not your job.  From that Tom could have guessed that the
patches were based off the 2.7 milestone.

2. For the literal question you asked; no, the cover page is not clear
on this.  The key information is the "how to apply this patch"
instruction, viz:

        Break out 27bugfixes.zip with -u (after breakout of the 1997-02-15
        lynx2-7.zip) to have the new modules replace those with bugs, and
        then make a clean new Lynx image.

which appears at the head of the BUGFIXES file.  The cover page
tells you that BUGFIXES tells the nature of the bugs fixed.  It
hides the fact that it also tells you the how-to-use information
which makes the basis for the delta clear.

You really wrote it out very well; but the cover page per se and
as is leaves the reader guessing where to look for that piece of
information.

--
Al Gilman
;