lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV helping users get lynx upgraded (was Re: diffs, ISPs, et al

From: John
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV helping users get lynx upgraded (was Re: diffs, ISPs, et al.)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 01:02:26 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 10 Mar 1996, root wrote: ... in part ...

> Also, add "epix Internet Services" (epix.net) to the Hall Of Shame, with
> Linux 2.6.  I haven't nagged them, and probably won't, since my interest in
> lynx is purely for use on my own machine, and I only use my shell once in an
> Age of Aquarias (less often then a blue moon).
>    -James Mastros

I agree.  EPIX is one of the worst in keeping up with
upgrades, not just lynx (now running 2.5) but also PINE (now
running 2.94) not to mention TIN (HA!).  Unlike root (well
that's not his real name, it's abszero) I'm a shell user on
EPIX and even their homepages from thier infotechiehelpers
come up with messages such as 'your browser does not support
frames' and such, with no alternate link to a text based
page.  Yes I know how to back into it by viewing the source
code and then then going to /~blahblah/main.htm or whatever,
but probably 99.8% of thier users do not.  Anyways, I'm done
ranting for now; I second the nomination EPIX for First
Prize in the Hall Of Shame.

John

http://www.epix.net/~dad

;