lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV v2.7 bug fix update

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV v2.7 bug fix update
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 16:53:48 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       An update of 27bugfixes.zip is available in:
>
>       http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/
>
> 1997-03-20
> * Tweaked the protection against URLs directed to port 19 or port 25 so
>   that it can't be circumvented via lead zeros in the port numbers. - FM
> * Changed the compilation default so as not to send From MIME headers to
>   http or https servers.  The default can still be changed via lynx.cfg.
>   Replaced the -nofrom disabling switch to a -from switch for toggling
>   the compilation or configuration default.  Sending the From header
>   has become widely regarded as an invasion of privacy risky, particulary
>   in conjunction with cookie support. - FM
> * Corrected a typo in the lynx.cfg comments concerning TRUSTED_LYNXCGI
>   rules. - KW

At least we seem to be mostly doing tweaks and not real bugs at this
point. :)  Fote, next time you're poking in the code, could you fix
something that was brought up once before, but has never been fixed..  When
you print a rendered page to a file, lynx will change .html to .txt, but
if the file was originally .htm, it stays the same instead of changing to
.txt.  I would do it myself, but I don't have a lot of time to poke around
in the code even during Spring Break.  I have a program to do, a test to
study for, a paper to write, and some problems to do.  Some Spring Break,
huh? ;)