lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV aieeee! DOS filename/paths

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV aieeee! DOS filename/paths
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 09:06:58 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:
> >One question for you VAX people, can you start lynx with real VMS file
> >paths?
>
>       VMS path specs can be used for a command line startfile, and
> for 'g'oto entries, which are converted to valid URL syntax before
> being used.  Under all other circumstances, valid URL syntax must be
> used in the first place..  This is explained in the section on file
> URLs via the "Supported URLs" link of the online 'h'elp.

Thanks Fote.  I didn't see the forrest through the trees again.  For some
reason I always get stuck staring at the source for hours thinking it is
going to make sense and I totally forget about checking the help.

I think I will write *seek help* on my monitor.  Not only will it keep me
from making this same mistake over and over, it should be a great
conversation piece too ;-)

Wayne

;
;