lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Go and No-Go for email form

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Go and No-Go for email form
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:41:06 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

> PS to the list: the fact that this is a FAQ demonstrates that
> even 'though there is a message explaining this, it is not a
> user-friendly feature.  The UI would be easier to use if a
> sufficiently self-explanatory editor (e.g. pico) were bundled in
> the distribution and the out-of-the-box configuration used it.

I would suggest that if an editor is not defined, but the environment
variable EDITOR (or VISUAL, take your pick) is defined, that the value of
that be used.  Most under unix follows this method which is a standard on
unix.  Under VMS, Most uses its own MOST_EDITOR (or something
close) logical since VMS doesn't use EDITOR (although Lynx still could).