lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV bold, underline, reverse, colors in Lynx

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bold, underline, reverse, colors in Lynx
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 14:10:01 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Jan Hlavacek wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Mar 97 23:05:00 +0800, you said:
> >
> >Now I guess for full colour customization I'd have to wait for Rob to
> >update his sorely missed colour styles patches... :(
> >

> Actually, I use Rob's 2-6 patch with lynx 2-7, and it works very well.  It
> took little bit of work to fold in, but it worked surprisingly well.
> I got only four or five rejects.  All but one were easy to fold in by hand,
> one of them I wasn't able to locate at all.  Being in adventurous mood, I
> decided to simply throw it away, and it worked.

That is very interesting.

I am tempted to put your code in the development repository, and also
merge it with the more recent changes.  Who knows, it may be much simpler
than I thought.

This may be not the best thing, if the patches you used were an oudated
version and Rob already has much improved his code.
On the other hand, if we can create an incentive for some more people to
upgrade to bugfixed 2.7 or experimental 2.7, this would be a good thing.

> After that, it needed only one more fix:  I had to prevent start_curses ()
> in LYCurses.c from calling parse_userstyles () in the case the lynx.cfg
> wasn't read recently.  I just added one more int variable, which get's set
> in LYReadCFG.c and I check it before calling parse_userstyles.

I am concerned how Rob's stuff would interact with Tom's color-curses
stuff.  Not to mention the configuration issues.  I guess I would leave
that to him...  But using your present code and briging it at least to
current-bugfixed level should not be too difficult.

So, were you using pure original 2.7?
Can you provide either a full code package, or (preferably) a
complete patch against the 2.7 your code is based on, with just the
relevant changes?
Of course I would also like to know what that change was you cavalierly
discarded.

        Klaus

;
;