lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV to restrain user from using commands

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV to restrain user from using commands
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 08:57:44 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden

   How can I restrain users to using some of the in built commands of lynx
  like create file or directory etc.

You are into an area where you need to be compiling some of your
decisions into the program.  So you are looking at an install from
source.

Right now, you have to make an up-front decision whether to work
with 2.7.1 where there is more written about the answers to these
questions or work with the newer development version where the
answers are quite possibly simpler, and it may be easier to get
questions answered by people.  The answers to your question will
be significantly different between the new and prior versions.

I would tilt toward the development version.  You have to pick.

In either case:

        - read the installation directions very carefully
        - try it
        - write to lynx-dev with more specific questions
                when you get stuck

--
Al Gilman
See also: