lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV RE: error recovery for formparsing -- BETTER SOLUTION

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV RE: error recovery for formparsing -- BETTER SOLUTION
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 15:17:44 -0400

> to in order to thrive in the not-so-clean world of the Web.  To paraphrase
> part of a well-known quote: It's not what goes into a browser that makes
> it unclean.

Another famous quote directly relevant to Internet is "Be generous in
what you take in and strict in what you send out" ...  As long as what
lynx sends to servers match the standards, and if we can make lynx
recognize as much HTML or HTML-like files as possible, we won't be
losing users.

Note however that the more often Javascript/Java/Tcl/XMD/etc. become
critical to the operation of the site, the less and less use folk
will find for lynx.  However, perhaps like the 'golden age' computer
communities, lynx development will be satisfied supporting only
the pages created in 'the old days'.
;