lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV How to make a PREV_LINK URL...

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How to make a PREV_LINK URL...
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 22:14:51 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Sun, 6 Apr 1997, Palmer King (SCFN) wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Al Gilman wrote:
>
> >   Is there any way to create a URL in a document which would return the user
> >   to the previous link?
> >
> > Why?  Would you expand a little on the scenario in which you
> > would want this?  At present you can put the plain text legend

>   the user adjust to lynx being the menu control as well as the www
>   browser.

To my limited knowledge, I don't think this is possible.  What is possible
is this:

1) User follows down one link, and wants to return to the Main menu, they
press m, answer y)es to the prompt, and hey presto, main menu.

2) User hops out onto web, and wants to go back about 5 places.  User
presses V to see history, chooses place, and they're back.

3) User wants to go back up one page, and presses the back arrow/key,
depending on the keyboard setup used.  User is now back one page.

4) SCFN puts a link at the bottom of each page that takes the user up to
the preceeding document, in the _server_ structure, not the users route.
(See 2)

I may have missed something, so someone is bound to tell me if I have.

HTH.

Duncan Hill