lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV the printing function and submit/image/reset buttons

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV the printing function and submit/image/reset buttons
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 04:13:46 -0400 (EDT)

> But what I think is that you should probably test it, and see how it
> behaves in different situations.  Say an INPUT field within PRE which
> has text (given by VALUE attribute?) which is longert than 20
> characters...

It does about what I expected -- except that text input fields
(which I didn't touch) don't behave the way the code implies.  But of
course I'm only worried about submit/reset buttons.

Here's some html and some print output.

t.html:
------------
<head>
<title>This is a test...</title>
</head>
<form action="">
This is outside a PRE block...
<pre>
    This is in a PRE block...
        <input type="submit" value="Here is a submit button with a very long
value...">
        <input type="reset" size=50>
    Here is a short input field (size == 10):
        <input type="text" size=10>
    Here is a long input field (size == 40):
        <input type="text" size=40>
</pre>
This is outside a PRE block...<br>
<input type="image" src="afile.gif"><br>
<input type="image" src="afile.gif" value="another image-submit button...">
</form>

t.txt: Note Submit/Reset buttons aren't translated to blanks.
---------

   This is outside a PRE block...
    This is in a PRE block...
         Here is a submit button with a very long value...
         Reset
    Here is a short input field (size == 10):
    Here is a long input field (size == 40):