lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV OS/2 and tables

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV OS/2 and tables
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:26:10 -0400

> 970415 Joe Kincaid wrote:
> > Someone wrote:
> > > Going through my platforms page that lists the various Lynx
> > > ports/supported-platforms, I came across the OS/2 port again and noticed
> > > that Derek Decker has already incorporated Java and table support
> >
> > Wayne Buttles writes:
> > >Anyone have a screen shot of Lynx/2 doing tables?  We actually have a
> > >copy of Warp here, but have NEVER been able to get it to install on any
> > >(desired) machine.
> >
> > Here are two screen shots. The first is from Lynx/2.
> --- snip ---
> >                      [IMAGE] PERU STATE COLLEGE HOME PAGE
> >
> >   [Feature] Peru State College Volleyball Team [Feature]
> >

> >         Academics       Activities      Admissions
> >         Athletics       Alumni & News   Campus Map
> >         Library         Miscellaneous   People
> >
> >     This page is a central index for access to Peru State College www
> >     services, as well as for other World Wide Web access points.
> >
> --- snip ---
>
> i thought it was very difficult to get Lynx to handle tables,
> yet here appears to be a case of it handling a table quite adequately.
> how difficult would it be to incorporate this in Lynx 2.8 ?

Unfortunately, no one has yet discovered the source code for this version
of lynx.  If the folk who wrote this version of lynx are willing to contribute
the code, and there are folk willing to debug any problems that arise from
integrating it into the current path, I think it would be wonderful.

The amount of effort remains to be seen.
;