lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Stranger yet.

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Stranger yet.
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:47:50 -0500

 ] Presumably it wouldn't do any harm to HTTelnet to include LYMessages_XX.h,
 ] and so the #ifndef wouldn't be necessary (but I haven't tried it, maybe
 ] you want to).

Yup.

All it needs userdefs for is TELNET_COMMAND, RLOGIN_COMMAND, and
TN3270_COMMAND.  I used an ed script to change all of those to
foo_PATH, then added them to the autoconf setup, then just made
it not include userdefs.h at all, since it seemed silly that those
were the only commands that autoconf wasn't looking for.  This
works, and evidently keeps userdefs.h out of libwww.  You can
then remove the ifndef from LYMessages_...h.

(or do you still need to include it for DOS/Win32?  In that case,
 you would leave the include in HTTelnet.c, remove the ifndef from
 LYMessages_...h, then move the LYMessages_...h #include line down
 past the MAXLINKS definition, and it would work.  It seems like
 the "right" thing to do, however, is to include a manually created
 lynx_cfg.h for Win32 and VMS (with ifdefs) until someone (who has
 access to Win32 or VMS, so not me) can set up autoconf to work on
 those platforms (is this possible?).)

If anyone wants the diff, I can make it available, although it'd
probably be just as easy for you folks to do it yourself.

--
Jonathan Sergent / address@hidden / address@hidden
;