lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: devel code update (was Re: Can't read local file which

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: devel code update (was Re: Can't read local file which includes '%xx'...).
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 06:13:19 -0400 (EDT)

> >   I could not compile it with slang, however, can do without slang. My
> > enviroment is below.
> So your compilation uses the older "Makefile" instead of a "makefile"
> generated by configure.
>
> I thought that should still continue to work at this point [right,
> Tom?].  But the logic of the code hase changed, it now checks for
it should, but I'm doing most of my testing for the configure script.

> HAVE_KEYPAD instead of using NO_KEYPAD directly.  This doesn't seem to
> work correctly with (at least some of) the old "Makefile" targets any
> more.
It's possible that there's been changes to tcp.h, etc., that would break
the behavior of the ./Makefile (though this doesn't seem to be one, as
Henry notes, there's a typo, and it appears slang isn't where lynx
thinks it is).

> HTUtils.h now has:
> /* Accommodate pre-autoconf Makefile */
> #ifndef NO_KEYPAD
> #define HAVE_KEYPAD 1
> #endif
The fix would be to add

        #ifdef USE_SLANG
        #define NO_KEYPAD
        #endif

before that.

> It probably shouldn't do this if USE_SLANG is defined.
> (a) remove the three lines quted above from
>     WWW/Library/Implemetation/HTUtils.h, or
> (b) add -DNO_KEYPAD to the target in Makefile, or
> (c) just use `./configure --with-screen=slang', and then `make generic'.
right.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden