lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV minor display problem (?character 0xA2?)

From: Dan Strychalski
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV minor display problem (?character 0xA2?)
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 20:18:09 +0800

Gentle People:

Know ye by these presents that the problem appears to be caused by none
other than the value FFh, at least in Lynx 2.5 on Linux 2.1.3 with NCSA
Telnet (on Ethernet). I have previously noticed that whatever character
is assigned to this value in the code page I am running is always doubled
in the Lynx display, and I now find that this value makes for oddities in
JOE as well -- so let us not blame Lynx out of hand.

I am off to investigate further (and get home before *I* get
investigated). You might find it worthwhile to direct your efforts in a
similar direction.

Dan Strychalski
address@hidden
;