lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV selects don't work in lynx_w32

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV selects don't work in lynx_w32
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 05:57:26 -0400 (EDT)

> > On Wed, 7 May 1997, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> >
> > > After trying out the latest Lynx_w32 (5th may), I noticed that I can't
> > > move inside a select field with the arrow keys. So I have to use the
> > > '-popup' option. I tried http://altavista.digital.com page for testing.
>
> OK, I found the cause for this.  I am not sure where to insert the fix
> though because it looks like it shouldn't be singled out in my ports.  The
> cause is the fact that we broke out the popup window so that it isn't
> stdscr anymore and the current keypad() doesn't carry over to the
> sub-window.  If I put keypad(form_window, TRUE); right under
> scrollok(form_window, TRUE); then everything is A-OK.  So (Tom?) should I
> leave it there and wrap it in an #if defined(HAVE_KEYPAD) or am I off base
> on this one?
that's probably right - I don't know which version of curses you're using,
but there's a few functions such as keypad() that ncurses is implementing
as globals that probably some other versions implement (imho) correctly as
per-window (e.g., idcok, which I have in mind).

I'll add this to my ncurses bug-list (to compare against SVr4 curses -- if
it's PDCurses that's a different story ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden