lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 23:50:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 10 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden> wrote:
> >On Fri, 9 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:
> >
> >>    An update of fotemods.zip is available in:
> >>
> >>    http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/
> >>
> >> 1997-05-09
> >
> >When compiling it with gcc in Solaris 2.5 I got
> >
> >LYMain.c:317: `USE_TRACE_LOG' undeclared here (not in a function)
> >*** Error code 1
> >make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `LYMain.o'
>
>       I just checked, and the userdefs.h with USE_TRACE_LOG added is* in
> *the zip, but you must not be using it, or perhaps have commented out the
> definition instead of changing it from TRUE to FALSE. From the
> fotemods.zip userdefs.h:

That's it! The last change in userdefs.h was on Apr 9 and when I was
checking the dates of Makefile and userdefs.h I must have seen the "9" and
thought it was the same date I'd been seeing for a month.

There's a weird thing with the ";" command. The first time you use it, it
displays the file as text/html instead of text/plain, all the end-of-lines
are lost and the trace file becomes a solid block of characters on the
screen. If you go back and press ";" again the text is correctly displayed.
This problem is similar to one I've been having for a long time. Sometimes
when I get a text file from an ftp server through a link on a webpage Lynx
also displays it as text/html. If I go back and press "x" on the same link
the file is correctly displayed. I haven't talked about it here because I
couldn't find a pattern. Sometimes I go to the same page, follow the same
link and Lynx displays it correctly in the first time. It seems it depends
on what you've accessed before. The same thing happens with zip and lzh
files.

Ismael