lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV problem with restrictions

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem with restrictions
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 14:04:01 +0900 (JST)

> We're running Lynx2-4 on a VMS system (VMS for alpha 6.2) and someone is

You would do everyone, yourself and users, if you could update to the
latest version, now Lynx2-7-1.
        http://lynx.browser.org/

> $ @library:do_lynx
> -restrictions=goto,inside_telnet,outside_telnet,editor,bookmark,options_save,file_url,download,exec
>  -index=http://library.utoronto.ca/www/limited_index.html
> gopher://library.utoronto.ca.:70/11gopher_root70:[_student._exams]

You need, at a minimum, the -anonymous command line switch.  If you use it,
be sure #define ANONYMOUS_USER "" is defined when you compile.  You should
also have -cfg= set on the command line.  If you are going to be using gopher
exlusively, you might consider turning everything off except gopher goto's at
compile time.

I am not confident to give you more advice because I don't know VMS.

__Henry
;
;