lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV https/ssl question

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV https/ssl question
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 02:44:46 -0400 (EDT)

I've been encountering https URLs that I'd like to access.
I went to subir's patches page and downloaded the SSLeay libs and
the code for Tom's daemon.

Before I spend too much time trying to get it to work, I have a
(possibly dumb) question.  Do I need root permission to set this stuff up?
I noticed the source in edssl.c hard codes paths in /var and /etc for log
files, etc.  Can these be redirected to someone's home dir?  And even if I
do that will it work to run this daemon as anything but root?

Perhaps I'll have to request it from my sys admin, who usually declines
to do anything not absolutely necessary.
Thanks in advance for any help.
--le
"An idiot is someone who doesn't know something you just found out yesterday."
(author unknown)

;
;