lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV SOCKS v5 problem

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: LYNX-DEV SOCKS v5 problem
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 08:24:22 -0700

This was reported on SCO OpenServer, but it appears to be generic to any
attempt to SOCKSify with the SOCKS v5 library.  Maybe this can be
handled as part of the autoconfigure process?  If user wants to build
with SOCKS, try linking a test program with -lsocks5 and calling
"SOCKSconnect()"; if so, use the "SOCKS*" names.  Else try linking with
-lsocks and calling the "SOCKS*" names, in case the sysadmin has
installed the latest library but removed the version number.  Else try
"Rconnect()" with -lsocks.  Then set up an appropriate set of #defines.

--- Forwarded article from Steven Lass <address@hidden>