lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV patch-o-matic

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV patch-o-matic
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 09:15:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 18 May 1997, Paulo JS Rodrigues wrote:
>   I was checking around the current development of lynx and found the page
> of patch-o-matic. Since it said -- in http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ --
> that would make possible to upgrade to the latest version, and going there
> through Netscape it didn't work: I tried lynx after and found out why: you
> check what the current version is from the AGENT string!
> So, I have two alternative suggestions to make to that page:
> 1. Clearly state to use the current lynx version the user has to access
> patch-o-matic (after the lynx just type: use your current lynx version)
> or
> 2. If lynx is not the browser detected when accessing the CGI, offer a
> pull-down choice both to FROM-version and TO-version, so we can get what it
> seems right -- and then we're on our own, of course...

That's on my to-do list.  At first, I thought it would be amusing to
have Netscape/Microsoft users be rejected the way many pages reject
Lynx users...  But that makes patch-o-matic less useful.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You realise this is going to be a complete waste of time don't you?

;
;