lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Laura's highligting patch

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Laura's highligting patch
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 20:08:01 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 16:34:07 -0400 (EDT)
> > I'd speak for adding this to the development code. I know this will
> > eventually get suppressed by Rob's style patches, but before that
> > happens..
> Assuming that Laura's patch works correctly as described, there should be
> no problem integrating it with either the styled or non-styled colors.
> (It's a different problem, afaik).

I don't know the details of Rob's implementation.
However there was a similar highlighting bug in lynx2-6RP.
(For all I know Rob may have fixed this bug himself since then.)

All my patch does is save attribute info for anchors so the highlight
function can restore the right colors.
I *think* something similar would need to be done with style sheets, but
the details would probably be different.  (My guess only.)

One limitation of my patch (which Klaus objected to) is that it only saves
info on whether a link is underlined (one boolean value).  (That's all that's
needed in the current version.)
To make the fix more general, there should
be more elaborate attribute info saved.

In particular, with RP style sheets, different types of links can be
diffeernt colors.  (At least that's what I saw in 2-6RP.)
So highlight() needs to know what the colors are -- not just whether it
needs to underline.

In short, It probably does affect the same code.
Therefore I only consider my fix to be useful if the RP stuff is NOT
put in before the next release.  Otherwise, if there is still a highlighting
bug in the RP code, the developers that be will have to find a more suitable
fix.
End of comment.
--le

;