lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV New version please

From: Jim
Subject: LYNX-DEV New version please
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 16:38:02 +0100 (BST)

Dear Sir/Madam,
Before I say anything else I'd like to say "WOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW - and
indeed Wow"  What an amazing program Lynx is!  I can browse the web and
get the information that I need through my modem, faster than my friends
can through there PC's with Ethernet cards.  (we're at university). My
problems are,
First and foremost, Our network manager is refusing to update the copy of
Lynx on the university network.  His name is Alex Sharaz and we are at
Hull uni, his email is : address@hidden  According to him there
aren't enough people at the site to warrant an upgrade!!  The reason that
I need this software is because the same said individual refuses to
believe that computers not running windows exist.  I am using an Acorn
with a terminal emulation on a dialup connect.
Secondly, Are there any plans to create a Native Acorn (RISC OS) version
of Lynx, if you've never heard of Acorn's (you will soon), then try
checking out the companies home page at : http://www.acorn.co.uk.  The
companies top machine is a 200Mhz Risc based system (the Risc PC), it has
a 2ndprocessor slot to run a PC card and is totally ace.

Enough of my private Pro-Acorn campaign.  The requests (especially the
first one) are very important to me, feel free to send our network
manager a file containing a list of everyone using Lynx if you have one
(since he believes no-one uses it!).

Finally, is there a semi-local telnet site that I can run the new version
from?  Sorry forgot one thing, when I get the message 'Hypertext subject
is not available at this time' is this down to the old version or
something else?  PS Our current version of Lynx is 2.1.

Yours Sincerely,
Ryan Hitch
(Hull Uni, UK)

;