lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 19:41:30 -0500 (EST)

        An update of fotemods.zip is available in:

        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/

1997-05-20
* Tweak of HTFWriter.c so that it does the anti-spoof tests normally
  done by tempname() (see the 1997-05-19 mods) in all cases for which
  it changes the temporary file suffix from any of those checked by
  tempname() itself.  At this point, every way I've thought of for
  trying to spoof Lynx via links for temporary files is blocked, but
  people should beat on today's code to see if there's any spoofing
  strategy I haven't yet blocked. - FM
* Modified the Lynx Trace Log handling so that it doesn't use actual
  redirection of stderr via freopen() calls, and restores the original
  value of stderr during any escape to shell.  This avoids the problem
  on Unix that sh and ksh send their prompt strings to stderr, and that
  bash sends both its prompt and command line echo to stderr, so they
  end up in the log instead of being visible.  I had tested the initial
  design on VMS and with csh on Unix, and thus didn't notice this
  foolishness for the other Unix shells.  Anyway, it's OK for all of
  them now. - FM

                                Fote