lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 14:50:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >-- when discussing Unix curses, it would be useful to know which version
> >   you are talking about.
>
>       Hiram had indicated that it didn't work with HP curses nor
> ncurses(linux).  I confirmed that it didn't work with solaris curses.
> I also checked it with the DECC for osf (so-called DEC Unix), and it
> doesn't work with that either.  I think it's reasonable to infer that
> this is not dependent on the "version" of Unix curses one is talking
> about.

I compile my HP sources on HP-UX 9.07 so that they work on everything from
9.01 through 10.01 (up to 10.20 with the proper curses patches installed).
The Linux boxes here have RedHat Linux installed (a recent version...
kernel 2.0.28?).  The version of ncurses is 1.9.9e.  I also tried with the
latest version of slang (0.99.38?).  None of the above worked, so as Fote
said, I don't really think that the version of Unix matters unless you
refer to BSD or SysV based curses...