lynx-dev

Re: Lynx alters downloaded HTML LYNX-DEV

From: H E Nelson
Subject: Re: Lynx alters downloaded HTML LYNX-DEV
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 11:00:02 +0900 (JST)

> added (It is Lynx that's adding the X-URL comment and the BASE tag).
> However, this feature is useful on occassion.  I believe the request was
> that a BASE tag be added so the source could be easily mailed to someone
> else who would then be able to view it without the links breaking.  It

Thanks, Subir, for refreshing my memory.  Actually, I use this _feature_
myself from time to time, and would rather have lynx put in the info
automatically rather than having to jot down the info and stick it in
by hand.

> I think it's easier to just delete the two tags with an editor if
> you want to, and use the -source switch if you don't want to do that.

Agree 100%.

But, in a way d)ownload is going under false pretenses.  I would like
to see Lynx add a comment, too, to the effect that it has added the
following two lines: <!-- Lynx added the following two lines on `date
'+%y%m%d'` to make this document easier to use. -->.

I'll work on it.  [I am NOT voting for change of the present behavior.]

__Henry
;
;