lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV compilation err: 2-7-1,fotemods,BSD/OS 2.1,bind 8.1

From: Mike Brown
Subject: LYNX-DEV compilation err: 2-7-1,fotemods,BSD/OS 2.1,bind 8.1
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 12:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi. Absolutely flawless compilation of 2-7-1 with the 06-Jun-97
fotemods, almost right up to the end...

Linking and creating Lynx executable
gcc -O -DNO_CUSERID -DUNIX -DNCURSES  -DFANCY_CURSES -DBSDI -DSVR4
-I/usr/include/ncurses -I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DDIRED_SUPPORT
-DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT -I..  -o
lynx  LYClean.o LYShowInfo.o LYEdit.o LYStrings.o  LYMail.o HTAlert.o
GridText.o LYGetFile.o  LYMain.o  LYMainLoop.o LYCurses.o LYBookmark.o
LYUtils.o  LYOptions.o LYReadCFG.o LYSearch.o LYHistory.o  LYForms.o LYPrint.o
LYrcFile.o LYDownload.o LYNews.o LYKeymap.o  HTML.o HTFWriter.o HTInit.o
DefaultStyle.o LYLocal.o LYUpload.o  LYLeaks.o LYexit.o LYJump.o LYList.o
LYCgi.o LYTraversal.o  LYEditmap.o LYCharSets.o LYCharUtils.o LYMap.o
LYCookie.o ../WWW/Library/svr4/libwww.a  -lncurses
HTTCP.o: Undefined symbol ___inet_addr referenced from text segment

This is on BSD/OS 2.1, with a recent installation of bind (8.1-T3B),
which I think has something to do with it.  Part of this installation
was the directory /usr/local/include/arpa, which contains 3 files:
inet.h, nameser.h, and nameser_compat.h.  In inet.h are these two
lines, among others:

#define inet_addr               __inet_addr
unsigned long    inet_addr __P((const char *));

Whether or not this is relevant, I don't know.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
;
;