lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:32:20 -0500 (EST)

        An update of fotemods.zip is available in:

        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/patches/

1997-06-20
* Now that we add or subtract attributes for Unix FANCY_CURSES, as for VMS
  curses and slang, the 1997-05-30 mods based on LE's patch for keeping track
  of whether links occur in an underlining context, and if so, restoring it
  when a current link is made non-current, should be extended to FANCY_CURSES
  as well.  So they are extended, now, in highlight() of LYUtils.c. - FM
* Added code in LYNewsPost() of LYNews.c for converting any EUC or SJIS to
  JIS (ISO-2022-JP) in posts or followups to Usenet news groups if the
  display character set is "Japanese (EUC)" or "Japanese (SJIS)".  The mods
  need testing by Japanese users, because the TO_JIS() function I added
  long ago in SGML.c has not actually been used before. - FM
* Modified the hack in LYPrint.c for mailing HTML source so that it never
  appends a charset parameter to the "text/html" value of the Content-Type
  header, because more often than not we don't really know what it is, and
  so instead we'll just assume that if Lynx is invoked to read that mailed
  message, its display character set will be the same as when the document
  was handled originally.  If not, it can be changed appropriately via the
  'o'ptions menu and the mailed message will be reloaded. - FM

                                Fote