Re: LYNX-DEV update

From: Андрей Чернов
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV update
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 03:33:03 +0400 (MSD)

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> * Modified the hack in LYPrint.c for mailing HTML source so that it never
>   appends a charset parameter to the "text/html" value of the Content-Type
>   header, because more often than not we don't really know what it is, and
>   so instead we'll just assume that if Lynx is invoked to read that mailed
>   message, its display character set will be the same as when the document
>   was handled originally.  If not, it can be changed appropriately via the
>   'o'ptions menu and the mailed message will be reloaded. - FM

I doubt this change is nice thing. Just "text/html" is _equal_ to
"text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" per standards so Lynx uses 8859-1
emulation code if my display charset is KOI8-R. It means that if someone
send KOI8-R document to me honestly, I'll see 8859-1 emulation instead :-(
Please back it out.

Andrey A. Chernov