Re: LYNX-DEV graphics?

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV graphics?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:14:27 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Jim Dennis wrote:
[snip... ]
> > If you have an X-Windows server, you might also try XMosaic, Grail, Arena,
> > Lexicon, the KDE project's HTML widget (khtmlw), Chimera, Amaya, Viola,
> > Gnuscape Navigator (emacs-w3) on XEmacs or InfoDock, or the Hyper-G client
> > Harmony. If you want more information on any of these (URLs, etc.)  just
> > ask.

Here are URLs for some other cool X-windows web browsers:

Grail (Applets, HTML3)
      Python (
      and Tk (

Arena (CSS, HTML3)

Lexicon (CSS, HTML3, Dictionary Extensions)

KDE (includes khtmlw, an integrated HTML viewer)

Chimera (HTML3)

Amaya (HTML3)

Viola (Applets, Stylesheets, HTML+, etc.)

Gnuscape Navigator (CSS, HTML3)
(a.k.a. emacs-w3, only graphical with XEmacs)
      Emacs 19 (
      or XEmacs (

Harmony (includes HTML viewer)

[snip... ]
> > If you don't have X-Windows, how do you expect to see graphics? If you're
> > connecting to the shell account from a Windows box, you might try I-COMM
> > or SlipKnot, which use a copy of Lynx running on the UNIX box to actually
> > fetch the pages, but display them graphically in Windows.

I-COMM's web pages no longer work; if anyone has new URLs, please let me

SlipKnot (shareware Windows browser)

Benjamin C. W. Sittler - address@hidden -