lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV problems in latest lynx-dev

From: leaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problems in latest lynx-dev
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 13:17:28 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 11:47:49 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)" <address@hidden>
> > And even if it does build, is there documentation
> > (other than reading the code)?
>
> (is there any other way :-)?

It would be nice if there were at least a README.styles
+ a sample.  (Or is it there and I didn't see it?)  I
never got that ar as i can't get it to build.

> I haven't tried the styles code, but for the record, what platform
> are you trying, and which version?

The machine I use for lynx hacking is bsdi.  The last version
of the devel code I tried was ac-0.30.
The command line I used was:
        CFLAGS=-I$HOME/slang/include \
        LIBS=-L$HOME/slang/lib \
        configure --with-color-style=slang --prefix=$HOME
Also (unrelated to styles) I still think that if i go to the trouble of
specifying an install prefix that configure should define the lynx config path
as prefix/lynx.cfg so I don't have to edit userdefs.h to set LYNX_CFG_FILE.
--le

;
;