lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV: Display of French characters; final

From: Jay W. Meeuwig
Subject: LYNX-DEV: Display of French characters; final
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 21:28:20 -0300 (ADT)

{The forwarded message b'low got "trapped" as "sig.net" was misspelled by DW;
  i don't think it ever made it to sig.net...}

Meanwhile *i* have found that the display problem of "french" characters
is not a problem of the version of HT... rather it has a lot to do with
the "Properties" for HT...

Indeed if in Settings ( Windows/HyperTerminal [HT]; not "lynx" )  'VT100'
is selected the display will at best be the one of all letters ( but no
accents at all ) ....

Select 'ANSI' instead , or 'AutoDetect' and voila, the characters avec
accents are shown... ;=))

Pain in the neck though, because if *i* don't have 'VT100' selected and
TelNet to the lynx-site DDS.DDS.NL my screen keeps popping up one line
each time i move the cursor.... ;=((

But "WE" have learned to live with it...
Better half an egg than an empty shell, eh!

.