lynx-dev

Re: [Q] no longer need "-DEXP_CHARTRANS"? LYNX-DEV

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: [Q] no longer need "-DEXP_CHARTRANS"? LYNX-DEV
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 11:44:59 -0500 (EST)

Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
>Is Klaus' chartrans code now an integral part of fotemods
>[1997-07-04 (KaBoom! :)] such that the former "-DEXP_CHARTRANS"
>compile flag is no longer needed?

        That's correct.  Note, however, that you still need
-DEXP_CHARTRANS_AUTOSWITCH for the automatic switching of character
sets on linux, because if it's not a personal linux system you don't
know if the terminal has the relevant capability, and I don't know
how to check for that.  Also, you still need -DSLANG_MBCS_HACK for
the utf-8 support with slang, because I don't know if John is going
to deal with that within the slang library (or perhaps has, since I
don't have the latest version).  Both should eventually become
configuration, rather than just compilation, variables.

                                Fote