lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 386 without packet driver

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 386 without packet driver
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 18:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Eric Berenguier wrote:

> I'm planning to use lynx386 to browse html documents stored on local system
> on computers that have no packet driver.
> Lynx doesn't start if there is no packet driver.
> Is there any source or binary distribution (or source patch) available that
> run without packet driver ?

You don't need net access to run a packet driver.  The Klos files work
well.  Just load them via a batch file when you run lynx, then
automatically remove them from memory.  Thus, run in sequence: lsl, ppp,
ipstub, lynx, ipstub u, ppp u, lsl u.  The Klos drivers are available
from:
"http://www.klos.com/demo/pppshare.exe"; or
"ftp://ftp.klos.com/demo/pppshare.exe";
                               Doug