LYNX-DEV Character set support 9

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: LYNX-DEV Character set support 9
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 12:49:21 -0400 (EDT)

   Klaus, welcome back to lynx-dev!
   Now that you are back, I can repeat my question about supporting
multiple MIME names for a character set. Here is the relevant posting
   I have downloaded the most recent list of MIME character set names
registered with IANA. What I have seen there is that there is a pressing
need for Lynx to support multiple MIME names for a single character set.
The official list defines several names for almost every character set. For
equally valid.
   I think that the *.tbl file format should be changed to allow multiple
MIME names to be defined. Or maybe it already does? (If yes, how?)
   Please comment on my suggestion.
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 216-646-1864
   ARPA Internet SMTP mail: address@hidden