lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx-dev list status/problems

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx-dev list status/problems
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:10:46 -0400 (EDT)

Good news:

Both Bob Izenberg and Russell McOrmond are in touch and ready to
listen to what we want.

Bad news:

Tom Zerucha asked that we change how the list mail is archived, and we
can't decide the MHonArc configuration and MajorDomo configuration
questions independently.

So:

We need to have a discussion of the list policies for posting,
distribution and archiving.  We need to have one discussion for
both servers (i.e. MajorDomo and MHonArc) because the choices are
coupled in their ability to deliver benefit.

I suggest we have that discussion primarily on the listelves
mailing list.  If we do that, we will still bring the proposed
answer back here for review when we have one.

This is for two reasons:

        - the dicussion is MajorDomo-technical and MHonArc-technical
        which is off the lynx-dev topic a bit.

        - it is a courtesy to Bob and Russell because they can
        read listelves at a higher priority than lynx-dev and still
        read what affects them promptly.

Please speak up if you think the whole discussion should take
place right here without side discussions.

Unless there is a consensus against the side discussion, I would
request that those able to offer resources and those willing to
take time to discuss policies make sure that they are subscribed
to the listelves list.

with the request

        subscribe listelves <the email address you will post from>

on one line near the top of the body of your message.  The message
Subject: line is ignored.

--
Al Gilman

;