lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV cookies

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV cookies
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 20:58:29 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:11:34 -0400 (EDT)
> From: address@hidden
> Could you just tell me how I can deny *all* cookies *permanently*, perhaps
> in my  lynxrc  file?

Use
        lynx -cookies

I don't know much of anything about cookies either, but I have
discovered some sites that don't let me proceed unless I have accepted
certain cookies.  I just tried one of these sites and sure enough,
I got a "sorry -- your broser can't handle this site" page, which I
don't get when i run with cookies enabled and accept all their cookies.

I didn't get much info from theonline help either.  Perhaps the uses of cookies
are so varied that it wouldn't be appropriate to list them in the lynx users
guide.  It would be nice to see a couple examples, though.
--le

;
;