lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx with Solaris Console???
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 19:14:55 -0400 (EDT)

> > The "default" terminal type for the console is "sun".  When I use this then
> > I can't see where the cursor or current link is and also the links
> > seem to work, I can even operate "blind" and go to any other URL links
> > listed in the document, but I can't see "where I'm at" because the
> > high-lighted
> > cursor is not displayed.
> If the problem still exists, there is likely some other problem.  The
> reason I keep 'harping' about the terminfo is that I see some weird
> behavior when using lynx (ncurses) and TERM set to sun.  For some
well, you can always try factoring out the terminfo vs ncurses by
setting the $TERMINFO variable to point to Sun's version of terminfo
        /usr/share/lib/terminfo
and/or comparing with a build using Solaris curses.  I've run various
ncurses applications in a SunOS console - which should be similar enough
to Solaris console, and do remember that the cursor isn't distinct, i.e.,
it's black and the reverse video is as well.

I'll try a 'script' the next time I'm down in the console area to see how
vi handles it (probably just don't happen to hit any highlighted text ;-).

> reason, lynx writes over any text previously on the screen, leaving the
> original text in places where no lines were output.  It's not a big
I've not seen that.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden