Re: LYNX-DEV Alert!: file: URLs via bookmarks are disallowed! ???

From: Jon P Schewe
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Alert!: file: URLs via bookmarks are disallowed! ???
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 08:52:02 -0500 (CDT)

> > add in some extra checking.  If you want I can send along my patches,
> If it's not a lot of trouble could you send a set to me, <address@hidden
>>?  I'd like to review them for possible use on a public-access
> Lynx I run (telnet: login:lynx).

I can do that.  We also have a guest account, that we put more restrictions
on, but it uses the same copy of lynx.  Instead of me sending the patches to
everyone, since there have been more than a couple of requests for them, I'm
putting them all up at  This
file contains all my patches concatenated(sp?) together.  The login script
that we use is  The shell then has
links to it that let it know who's using it.

Jon Schewe                |
address@hidden  |
Computer Science Major    |  My opinions may not represent
Michigan Tech University  |  those of my employer or my school.