LYNX-DEV possible lynx bug

From: Scott McGee - Webmaster (admin acct)
Subject: LYNX-DEV possible lynx bug
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:09:22 -0600

I first sent this on Fri, 8 Aug, but sent it from my webadmin account rather
than my personal account, and it would appear that I need to update my mail
aliases there as it went to ukans instead of Thanks to Jim for
letting me know.

> I was just using wget to copy some files created by a cgi script I have to
> my system here so that I could try taking them home and importing them
> into PageMaker on a system without internet connections (it has a net
> connection to my laptop when it is at home, so I can transfer them that
> way) and found what may be a bug.
> Basically, if you have an HTML file that is not tagged as HTML, open it with
> a file reference and the -force_html flag, try to display the source via the
> "\" key, it only offers download and cancel. Worse, if you cancel, it fails
> to re-load the page and exits with a
> lynx: Start file could not be found or is not text/html or text/plain
>       Exiting...
> message. Not good! This is with lynx 2.7.1 with a late version (two or three
> weeks ago I think) of FoteMods applied (also compiled for slang with SSL on
> a Solaris 2.4 system).
> If Fote or any of the Devel team want to look at this, it is in
> /usr/local/bin/lynx
> on and the file I loaded is at
> also on sol. I was in ~smcgee/www/temp and ran lynx with the command line:
> lynx -force_html
> Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,