lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV where do I patch the source to fix this "feature"?

From: Eli's redistribution point
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV where do I patch the source to fix this "feature"?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 97 22:17 EDT

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> replied to me:
> > Where can I patch the source to fix this? Specifically, I want blank
> > lines between paragraphs always.
> For the fotemods code, look at LYHandleP() in src/LYCHarUtils.c.

Thanks.

> > (Are there any other related "features"
> > I haven't yet noticed?)
> But how is anybody else supposed to know whoat is the difference between
> a feature and a "feature" for you (and also what you have noticed and
> what you haven't noticed)?

I should have been clearer: I was asking if there are any other cases of
deliberately changing the display of tags (particularly vis-a-vis vertical
space) within allowed containers. I know about <P> in an address context.

> Anyway, I actually like your "Hack the browser, to make it show things the
> way I like" aproach more than the "Hack the HTML for visual effects"
> approach.

I like the idea of logical markup. I don't like the way lynx is presently
dumping some of my files -- particularlly FAQs, which I would like to post
with minimal retouching. Since most of my FAQs are coded within a large
<OL> container, the <P> thing was really annoying.

Elijah
------
I /dev/null dupes, no need to CC list posts.

;
;