lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 08:40:33 +0100 (BST)

> My ISP is Best Communications of Mt View, CA.  Have always been able to type "
* lynx" at  prompt to access Lynx.  Lately, frequently get "unable to access htt
* p://lynx.browser.org/" error message.  Have to telnet to another, older
"Best"*
*  site to access an older version of Lynx.  Any ideas?

After reformatting to a reasonable line length:

> My ISP is Best Communications of Mt View, CA.  Have always been able to
> type "lynx" at  prompt to access Lynx.  Lately, frequently get "unable
> to access http://lynx.browser.org/"; error message.  Have to telnet to
> another, older "Best" site to access an older version of Lynx.  Any ideas?

Ask your ISP to reconfigure Lynx to use a local start page (as reccommended
on the lynx.browser.org page itself).  If you are not running it captive,
but using it from a shell account, provide your own start page on the
command line (.lynxrc may work as well).

;
;