lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: Strange escapes (was Re: Strange error with numbered lists

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Strange escapes (was Re: Strange error with numbered lists nesting) LYNX-DEV
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:14:03 -0500 (EST)

Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>
[...]
>> The original problem had nothing to do with this, Hynek was running
>> into a hard limit of max listing level, and Fote has already raised
>> that limit in the fotemods code.
>
>This was not my experience.  After I replaced all (and there were a
>correctly, i.e., I got correct indentation and no negative numbers.
>I'm still using lynx2-7-1+fotemods[97-07-05]/slang.  Nesting was no
>more than 4 deep?  (I've since rm'd the file.)

        It went to 7 nesting depths, so you've lost some in the course
trying to fix it up on your system.  It all works properly for EUC,
as far as I can judge from byte streams that are created.  I suspect
the problem for SJIS is that it doesn't have a clean separation of
multibytes out of the ASCII range, and some of the guessing functions
thus cannot be 100% reliable.

                                Fote