lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV new release?

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV new release?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 02:29:39 +0000

Klaus Weide wrote:

> > As for how to invoke the 2 parsers, I prefer a keystroke to a command
> > line option so the user can switch back and forth between the different
> > parsers.
>
> Currently there is no way to "switch" for lynx -dump.
> The ^V key also isn't the best choice for an "official" key.
> It is often set to be the stty lnext character, which seems to have
> the effect that one has to press it *twice* on some systems, if lynx
> is compile with (n)curses.  (Tom, is there anything to do about this?)
> Also ^V may be a bit dangerously close to ^C  :)
>
> Other opinions?

Yes: make it an options-screen setting.  It's going to invoke a page
reload, so it's probably not the sort of thing you want to do by mistake
or very often.  It *is* the sort of thing that you might develop a
preference for, and want to stay your way from session to session.

Which leads to...

> A general extension of the Options screen to more than one screenful
> would probably be more useful.

I thought someone had done this at one point, or at least a prototype --
what ever happened to it?

>Bela<
;
;