lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV getbkgd

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV getbkgd
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 05:43:31 -0400 (EDT)

> At Wayne Buttles suggestion, I made the following patch to curses.h
> in PDcurses 2.3 (beta). This allows compiling lynx without the "if
> defined(getbkgd)" in LYForms.c and LYOptions.c. The recompiled lynx for
> DOS now shows the background colors for popups correctly, but when I
> If this patch to PDcurses fixes the problem, I'll send it to Mark
> Hessling, the PDcurses maintainer, for possible addition to the next
> release.
but it doesn't really solve the problem - PDCurses is not released often
(so you don't know when it would be incorporated), and there's existing
versions out there.  Better to do both (add a fallback definition in the
non-autoconf'd section of LYCurses.h, ifdef'd with PDCURSES - or preferably
USE_PDCURSES, since it's easier to grep for related configuration options).
There's a lot of places where DOSPATH is used to mean PDCurses - I'd make
a patch to clean some of it up, but don't have a compile-platform to test on.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden