lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV getbkgd

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV getbkgd
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 07:36:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Doug Kaufman wrote:
>
> > navigate using the vi keys, I get j's and k's staying just to the right
> > of the highlighted title (looking in the character set choices on the
> Maybe adding a noecho() call before the keypad() in
>
> #ifdef PDCURSES
>         keypad(form_window, TRUE);
> #endif /* PDCURSES */

Actually the problem seems to be that as defined for DJGPP,
start_curses and stop_curses are asymmetric with respect to
echo()/noecho().  Every stop_curses invokes echo(), but only the initial
start_curses invokes noecho().  The following patch fixes this.  I don't
see where it breaks anything else, but if it does, we can just add
noecho()  at various places throughout the code.

*** lynx2-7-1/src/LYCurses.c    Fri Aug 15 21:50:28 1997
--- lynx2-7-1/src/LYCurses.c.new        Wed Sep  3 22:54:12 1997
***************
*** 559,565 ****
         if (LYUseMouse)
              lynx_enable_mouse (1);