lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: lynx271ssleay.uue

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: lynx271ssleay.uue
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 13:55:06 -0500 (EST)

"Robert A. Zach" <address@hidden> wrote to me:
>Does the latest version you e-mailed support SSLeay 0.8.0.  I need
>SSLv3 support.  I have compiled and installed this latest SSLeay
>libraries.  Then I got the Lynx 2-7-1 sources, extracted them,
>extracted your file on top then compiled.  I cannot get lynx to
>compile.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a pre-compiled lynx binary
>for Solaris 2.5.1 out there that supports SSLv3?
>
>Thanks in advance, I appreciate all your hard work on this!

        It supports v0.8.0, and that's what I'm using myself, though
I don't use the certificate handling seriously.  I presume Tom Z.
would have notified me if that doesn't work.

        The SSL replacement files are not for the vanilla v2.7.1, but
for that plus the replacement files in fotemods.zip.

        See SSLeay.announce in the breakout of lynx271ssleay.uue for
more information on what you need to build it, and where to get
everything you need.  If you use unzip -u for the fotemods, you'll be
OK with what you've broken out so far, because I make sure the SSL
replacement files have newer dates than anything in fotemods.zip.  Be
sure to do a clean make after you've broken out everthing you need.

                                Fote